Andrea Newberry – is a local designer that creates an amazing collection called leche libre that caters to breastfeeding moms. It’s a beautifully edgy and urban collection. She’s looking for interns this summer! The intern description is presented below.
Independent Fashion Designer Assistant/ Marketing Assistant
Have you always wanted to start your own fashion line or work for a small fashion company? Do you feel passionately about fighting fast fashion with ethical business practices? Here is your chance to gain hands on experience of what it is like to launch an ethical clothing brand in Chicago.
Leche Libre is a cutting edge urban apparel brand which empowers women to breastfeed in public. Leche Libre is pushing forward to expand from a small bespoke fashion producer and online retailer, to larger scale producer selling online and wholesale. I will be running a Kickstarter Crowd Funding campaign this summer to get funding for the larger production runs necessary to expand. Leche Libre is currently a one woman show, but with the exciting things on the horizon, I’m looking for a passionate, ambitious self starter to help assist me with the growth of my line. This is a unique opportunity for a fashion/marketing student to gain real-life hands-on experience in running an independent fashion line as well as how to run and promote a successful crowdfunding campaign.
As an independent designer managing my own line, I wear many hats. As my assistant, you will get experience and aid me in all areas of the fashion process from assisting in the design process, oversight of the manufacturing process as well as marketing and customer support.
You can visit LecheLibre.com to get more information on our line and mission.
Job tasks will include:
- Assisting me in the design process including
- Sourcing materials
- Creating labels
- Pattern making
- Assist with oversight of production with manufacturers
- Customer support before and during crowdfunding campaign
- Promoting brand image and helping to maintain social media presence on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Assist in creation and promotion of online advertising campaigns through paid social media ads as well as google adwords and remarketing campaigns
- Content production and strategy for brand blog
- PR Research and outreach to social media influencers and journalists
Although no money will exchange hands, this unique opportunity to gain hands on experience in independent fashion design and crowd funding will be huge for any individuals wanting to pursue fashion or fashion marketing as a future career. There is also an option of gaining school credit (if applicable).
For your credit hours, you will be required to work 10 hours a week. We can be flexible and break these hours up through the week as suits our mutual schedules.
Leche Libre is looking for a passionate self starter with initiative and good problem solving skills. Must be reliable, honest and hard working with excellent follow through. In terms of specifc skills, I’m looking for:
- Excellent communication/writing skills required
- Experience with social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter (pinterest a plus)
- Blogging experience a plus
- No sewing/pattern making skills required but a plus
- An understanding and commitment to the Leche Libre mission of empowering women and a dedication to ethical fashion a plus
- Must provide your own computer and smart phone, and I will provide the rest.
Please contact Andrea Newberry at LecheLibre@LecheLibre.com with a resume and writing samples (urls or pdf attachments) if you are interested in applying. Thanks!
Have you always wanted to be a model? Here’s your big chance! We’re looking for a few rad looking breastfeeding Chicago Mamas who would like to be in a Kickstarter video for LECHE LIBRE BREASTFEEDING APPAREL! We’re looking for women with an edgy urban style, alternative or radical moms, or other Moms with nursing babies who don’t fit a conventional mold! Any age, shape, size or color!
Participants must be available for shooting the first weekend in June in Chicago. All models will get professional digitial pics of shoot to keep as well as the possibility of keeping their clothing (depending on style). Just fill out the form below and attach a photo of yourself and your baby to be considered. Don’t forget to follow Leche Libre on Instagram and like us on Facebook! Visit us at www.LecheLibre.com for more information on our brand!