FASHION GROUP INTERNATIONAL OF CHICAGO SCHOLARSHIP
Presentation of one $5000 scholarship*, or two $2500 scholarships* toward second year tuition at College of DuPage *to be determined by scholarship review committee.
In order to be eligible, the student must:
- Participate in the Department Jury show and Main Stage show In May 2017 – entering a minimum of 3 original design garments
- Must have a 3.2 GPA and have 6 to 45 credit hours in earned and enrolled credit hours, and have a social security number.
- Express intention to participate in scholarship with an email to Sharon Scalise firstname.lastname@example.org, by Thursday April 20. Sharon will make an appointment to preview your designs, GPA and discuss the required essay and portfolio (to be prepared for the jury show if selected).
- Top four contenders will be notified about their opportunity to participate in the jury on Wednesday, May 1 at noon.
- Selected participates will submit an essay stating their professional career goals as a fashion designer and their sources of design inspiration. The essay must be typed, printed and presented in a folder.
- Be present for the Fashion Group Jury on the afternoon of Wednesday, May 1 for a 10 – 15 minutes interview including an informal modeling of your garments for the judges. During this time the judges will ask questions about the fabric, cost and construction techniques used in the garment. There will also ask questions about the content of your essay and portfolio
Scholarship(s) will be awarded at the fashion show.
Questions: email email@example.com