How to Enter Garments into the Fashion Show
Jury Fashion Show Date: Monday, May 1, 7:30pm
Dimensions Fashion Show Date: Friday, May 12, noon and 7:30pm
Garment Submission Date:
Thursday, April 20, 5pm in SRC 1009
Thursday, May 4, 5pm in SRC1009
Jury Show Information: We strongly encourage you to enter the jury show. It is a chance to win recognition for your work and to receive valuable feedback from industry professionals. To enter the jury show, you must be a student within the Fashion Studies program and submit at least 3 original garments/looks that you have designed, patterned, and sewn. The garment you enter should be your best work. The judges will be scoring your work based on their impressions of the creativity, marketability and construction of the pieces. The judges will have the opportunity to examine garments before and during the jury show.
Main Show Information: Any Fashion Design student can present a garment in the main show. It must be a garment you have sewn yourself, from your own pattern or a commercial pattern. You need to submit 1 Designer Info Sheet (available in SRC1009) and a selfie for the program. You may submit multiple garments. Each Garment must be accompanied by a Garment Information Sheet (available in SRC1009). In rare cases, not all garments will be sown. Garments that do not meet the minimum standards of the department (below) will not be shown.
Garment Quality Standards: For both shows, we expect that garments will be:
- On a hanger
- In a garment bags
- Garment Information Sheet in a Sheet Protector (provided SRC1009)
- Clean (no stains, not pet fur, etc.
- Hemmed appropriately (maybe hemmed after fittings for jury show only
- Visible seams are neatly finished
- Closures are present and working
- Neat – no hanging threads
- Able to stay on a human body
- Fitted/fittable on a reasonable human body
- Appropriate to a community college fashion show
Garment Information Sheets and Designer Information Sheets will be available in SRC1009.
630 Fashion Show
Friday — September 26, 2014 7:30-10:30pm
Hotel Arista 2139 City Gate Lane Naperville IL
(630) Fashion Show, now in its seventh year, is the culmination of efforts between Kristen Frederick and Kristy Brezinsky of Two K Productions and Calamos Investments. Calamos Investments interests in keeping the arts thriving, have been major supporters of this event since its inception in 2008. The event benefits 360 Youth Services.
This year the Fashion Show will showcase Celebrity Chicago Designers, Borris Powell, Cleons, Anna Hovet, Sophia Forero, Ootra, Jill K Bags, CROW Fashion, St. Frimpong, Niala Conte and a Glancer Magazine and College of Dupage Student Fashion Showcase collaboration featuring the following students: Valeria Baker, Taylor Armstrong, Liz Rynex, Monica Kennedy, Thaira Kartoum, Tomiah Oates, Daniela Pantazi, and Traniece Mason.
Please show your school and department support by attending the show
Tickets and additional information available at www.360youthservices.org or www.630fashionshow.
Interested in dressing behind the scenes? Must be available from 9/26 5:30 to 10:30 pm, contact Sharon Scalise at email@example.com
Two K Productions http://on.fb.me/Seaa0T
has selected the following designers to showcase their garments in the September 630Fashion Show at the Artisa Hotel in Naperville.
and Valeria Baker.
Congrats – contact Sharon Scalise – firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information