The Fashion Group International of St. Louis will award up to (3) $1000 scholarships to three select students at the 2016 December Ready-To-Wear (RTW) Trend Program. The scholarships will be awarded in each of the following areas:
- Fashion Merchandising
- Fashion Design
- Costume Design
The winners will be notified by telephone prior to the RTW Trend Program. The scholarship recipient must be in attendance at our annual RTW Trend Program. The date of the program is December 8, 2016. There are two qualifications for student applicants:
- You must be a student pursuing a fashion-related degree
- You must have at least one or more semesters of school to complete
The winners will be selected on their overall qualifications, including application, GPA, recommendations, resume, portfolio, and essay. Applications are due (postmarked, delivered by hand or electronically in Adobe PDF format Monday, November 14, 2016 and must be accompanied by the following:
- Portfolio/project including a 300-word explanation essay (see question #5)
- Two letters of recommendation (see question #6)
- Resume with cover letter
- Note: Winners from 2015 are not eligible to apply.
- Note: For electronic submissions in design the winners are required to bring actual garments to the awards presentation.
Materials must have been produced within the last two academic years. Please note that neither Fashion Group International of St. Louis, Inc. nor its judges can be held liable for possible damage or loss of your work. If you are unable to pick up your materials by December 19h, 2016 please provide postage and information for us to return it to you. Otherwise, your projects will not be returned.
Please drop off or send all scholarship materials to:
Attn: Lynne Wasson
Stevens-The Institute of Business & Arts
1521 Washington Ave.
St. Louis Mo 63103
Questions: 314-421-0949 Ext. 1406
We look forward to your submissions
Lori Coulter and Lynne Wasson, Style &Scholarship Co-Chairs